If you have bought a new Canon MF4800 printer for your Windows device. Then, you need to download the Canon MF4800 driver to use it with your device.
With the Canon MF4800 driver for Windows, your computer can communicate with and direct your printer on what to do. Without it, every form, document, or query that your company needs to sign, seal, and send would be stuck on your computer with no way to get out. In the world of computers, drivers are unsung heroes.
Their job is to get instructions from a PC so that certain pieces of hardware can work. Every piece of hardware you connect to your computer has a driver that must be installed correctly for it to work. This includes your graphics card, mouse, and webcam.
If you have more than one printer, you need to install more than one printer driver on your computer. The printer driver differs according to both the printer and the operating system. A printer driver translates the language your computer speaks into a language that your printer can understand. So, if you are looking for a printer driver for your computer, the best and most accurate one is the Canon MF4800 driver. Stay tuned to find out more about how to download the driver for the Canon MF4800 printer.
Most Effective Methods To Download Canon MF4800 Driver For Windows 10/11
To download and install the driver for your Canon MF4800 printer, you need to know how to use a computer and have some patience. So, you can easily and quickly download it step by step.
You can download them by visiting the official Canon website and looking for the driver for your version of Windows, such as 32-bit or 64-bit Windows. The other method is to download it using the Device Manager tool. And for the last one, you can take help from a driver update software. Here are some steps to help you through the process.
Method1: Download Canon MF4800 Driver From The Manufacturer’s Website
This process is a manual process where you have to visit the manufacturer’s official website i.e. Canon’s official site. Over there you have to search for your Canon MF4800 printer driver. But first, you need to check whether your computer supports 32-Bit or 64-Bit processor and according to that only you have to download the driver. The steps mentioned below are going to help you understand the process better.
Steps To Download Driver For Canon MF4800 Printer On Windows
- Type “This PC” in the taskbar’s search bar and then press the Enter key on your keyboard. This will open the File explorer window showing your computer drives.
- Right-click on the This PC tab present on the right-hand side panel and then select the Properties option from the list
- A new settings window will appear showing all the specifications of your PC.
- Look for the System type under the Device Specification heading and check whether your processor is 32 or 64-Bit.
- After looking at the system type, now you have to visit: Canon’s official support page
- On Canon’s support page, expand the “Select the kind of support your need” tab by clicking on it. Then, click on the select button for “Drivers, software & firmware”. This will redirect you to a new page.
- Select the Compatible OS, Type, and Language by clicking on the dropdown menu.
- Now, on the search bar, type your “Canon MF4800” and hit the Enter key
- This will redirect you to a different page showing a download button under the Canon MF4800 printer driver heading. Click on the Download button to start the process.
Once the Canon MF4800 driver for Windows 10/11 is downloaded, now it’s time to install it. For that, you just need to follow the on-screen instructions shown to you by the Wizard tool. And after the completion of the installation process, Restart your computer.
Method2: Canon MF4800 Driver Update And Download Using Device Manager
It is very common for Windows users to face errors or compatibility issues with the devices they have connected to their PC. Due to this, Windows has introduced an in-built tool called the Device Manager.
This utility allows you to update, reinstall, and roll back all kinds of drivers present on your system. Below are some steps that will help you use this tool to download the Canon MF4800 driver for Windows 10/11 32 and 64-Bit.
- Right-click on the Start menu and select the Device Manager option from the list
- On the device manager window, double-click on the Printers to expand it. Then, right-click on the Canon MF4800 driver and select the Update driver option from the list.
- A new pop-up window will appear, choose the “Search automatically for drivers” option
- Now, give your computer some time to search for new printer drivers online. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the downloading and installation process.
- After the completion of the process, Restart your computer and it will automatically implement the new printer drivers for you.
If you feel both the downloading processes mentioned above are a bit too technical or lengthy for you. In that case, you can check out the next automatic method.
Method3: Download And Update Canon MF4800 Driver Automatically
Now it’s time to look at the easiest and most convenient way to download or update your Canon MF4800 driver for Windows. All you need to do is to download and install a quick and fast driver software like Bit Driver Updater on your Windows PC.
Using this app on your system will provide you with many benefits. For example, you can update all drivers with just a click, you can schedule the installation process, it keeps a backup of the old drivers so that they can be used in the future, and lastly, it helps your computer to process faster.
Here are some instructions to help you set up Bit Driver Update software on your Windows device.
- Click on the link below to download and install the Bit Driver Update app on your computer
- Once the program is installed, launch it, and then click on the Scan Drivers button to start the scanning process.
- Now, you can click on the Update all button to update all the drivers at once. Or else, you can click on the Update Now in front of the Canon MF4800 printer to download that particular driver.
Once the downloading and installation process is done, Restart your computer and it will automatically change the old drivers with the new ones.
Concluding Words: Download Canon MF4800 Driver For Windows
Hope that you were able to download or update the Canon MF4800 driver by following the steps mentioned above. Carefully follow all the instructions given in order to get effective outcomes. But if you are still facing issues downloading the drivers, then you can either contact Canon support or Windows Support for a professional opinion.
You can also share your concerns and thoughts about this article in the comments box below, we would love to help you out. Furthermore, subscribe to the Free Driver Updater blog for more articles and blogs like this updated on regular basis.
Snehil Masih is a professional technical writer. He is passionate about new & emerging technology and he keeps abreast with the latest technology trends. When not writing, Snehil is likely to be found listening to music, painting, traveling, or simply excavating into his favourite cuisines.