Are you facing the WiFi keeps disconnecting Windows 10 issue on your computer? If yes, then read this article, providing different solutions to fix this problem within minutes.
Many Windows users who recently updated their OS version say that their PC keeps disconnecting from their Wifi network. Facing issues like this can be very frustrating while you are in the middle of an important job. However, this is not the only reason why you are facing this issue.
Today with the help of this article, we are going to share some of the most effective solutions that will help you fix the Wifi keeps disconnecting Windows 10 issue. But before jumping into the solutions we should first look at some common reasons behind this issue.
Common Causes Behind Wifi Keeps Disconnecting Windows 10 Issue
My Wifi keeps disconnecting is a pretty common error, and there are many things that can cause it. If you are also facing the same issue on your Windows device, then it is because of one of the reasons below:
- Connection cables or the Wifi modem are physically damaged
- Outdated Wifi drivers
- Wireless miscommunication
- The device is out of the Wifi range
- Too many devices are connected to a single modem
As you have checked out the different reasons causing the error, now it’s time to implement the solutions to resolve it.
Different Solutions To Fix Wifi Keeps Disconnecting Windows 10 Problem
Below are the top 4 most effective solutions that will help you get rid of the Wifi keeps disconnecting Windows 10 error.
Solution1: Change The Wifi Settings From Public To Private
For a stable network connection, it’s important to keep the Wi-Fi settings right. When the Wi-Fi settings are wrong, there are often problems with the Internet connection. By default, the home network settings are set to public instead of private. This slows down the Internet and can cause the PC keeps disconnecting from WiFi error. Follow the steps below in order to change the Wifi from public to private.
- Type Settings in the taskbar’s search bar and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard
- On the Settings window, open the Network & Internet settings
- Select the Wifi tab from the left-side panel and then click on the Manage known network button.
- Now, click on the internet connection network that you are using at the moment. Then, click on the Forget button and it will remove the connected network from your computer.
- Expand the system tray present on your taskbar and then open the “Network & Internet” settings by clicking on its icon.
- Then, select the network connection that you want to connect to. Enter the password and click on the Next button.
- Now, your computer will ask for confirmation as to “make your PC discoverable or not”. Confirm the actions by clicking on the Yes button and it will turn the network connection private.
After completing the whole process, check whether my Wifi keeps disconnecting issue is resolved or not. If not, move on to the next solution shared below.
Solution2: Resolve My Wifi Keeps Disconnecting Issue By Updating Windows OS
Windows keeps uploading new versions of their OS regularly to fix bugs and errors like Wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Therefore, users will be able to get a smooth user experience by updating their system to the latest version of Windows. Follow the methods mentioned below to update your Windows OS successfully.
- Type Settings in the taskbar’s search bar and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard
- On the Settings window, click on the Update & Security settings.
- Select the Windows Update tab from the left-side panel. Then, click on the Check for updates button and your computer will search for the latest updates online.
- Wait for a few moments, depending on your internet speed. If there is any new update it will be displayed on your screen. Click on the Download and install button and your computer will automatically start downloading and installing the latest OS version for you.
After installing the new OS version, Restart your Windows device, and check if the PC keeps disconnecting from Wifi issue is resolved.
Solution3: Change Your Power Management Settings
Your Power Management settings could sometimes turn off your Wifi adapter, which would cause it to temporarily stop working. You can fix this quickly by making one small change. Follow the instructions below to fix the computer keeps disconnecting from Wifi issues by changing the power management settings.
- Type Control Panel in the taskbar’s search bar and press the Enter key on your keyboard
- On the Control Panel window, change the icon’s design by clicking on the “View by” dropdown menu and selecting the Large icons option from the list.
- Now, click on the Device Manager tool and it will open a new window showing all the drivers present on your computer.
- Click on the Network adapter option to expand it and then right-click on the adapter you are using. Select the Properties option from the context list and it will open the Properties window.
- Now, select the Power Management tab from the top. And then, uncheck the box next to “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”. Click on the OK button to save the changes you made.
Reboot your computer and check if you are still experiencing the same my Wifi keeps disconnecting Windows 10 issue. If yes, then it’s time to update your Wifi drivers, check out the next solutions for that.
Solution4: Update Network Adapter Drivers
Keeping your Windows drivers updated will help you boost your computer’s overall performance. Outdated drivers can be a reason behind many errors and issues like the WiFi not working or the WiFi network not showing.
Hence, it is recommended that you should keep your network drivers updated to avoid such problems. Below we have shared both manual and automatic methods which you can implement to update your network drivers in order to get rid of the error.
Update Network Drivers Manually
This is a manual method where you need to take help from a Windows-integrated tool. This tool is known as Device Manager and is one of the most important in-built tools. You can manage all your drivers including the network drivers with the help of this tool. Check out the steps mentioned below in order to update the wifi driver using the Device Manager tool.
- Click on the Start menu present at the bottom-left corner of the screen. Then, search the Control Panel app in the search bar and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- On the Control Panel window, select the Large icons option from the “View by” dropdown menu. This will change the icon’s design and show you all the in-built tools.
- Choose the Device Manager tool by clicking on it. A new window will open showing all the drivers present on your computer.
- Expand the Network adapter option by clicking on the arrow icon next to it. Then, right-click on the adapter you are using and select the Update driver option from the list.
- Now, a new pop-up window will appear, choose the “Search automatically for drivers” option
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to install the new drivers on your Windows device After completing the installation process, Restart the computer and check if the Wifi keeps disconnecting issue is resolved or not.
Update Printer Driver Automatically
In this automated process, you need to download the best third-party app that will update your Windows drivers automatically, i.e. Bit Driver Updater app. This program is specially made for Windows computers and is trusted by tons of users.
With the help of this application, you can easily update all your drivers as it is loaded with different features. Below we have mentioned some other advantages of having this program installed on your Windows device:
- Enhance the performance of your PC
- You can update all your drivers with just one click
- Keeps a backup of old drivers before updating them
- 24×7 customer service is available
- In-depth scan for outdated or corrupted drivers
Steps To Use Bit Driver Updater App
Now, it’s time to look at the steps that will help you use the Bit Driver Updater app in order to update drivers.
- Click on the link given below and it will automatically start downloading the app on your PC:
- After downloading the Bit Driver Updater app on your PC, search the File Explorer app in the taskbar. Then, on the File Explorer window, open the Downloads folder, and click on the setup file. And follow the on-screen instructions to install the app properly.
- Now, Launch the app and click once on the Scan tab button present on the left-side panel. Or else click on the Scan Driver button. This will allow the app to search for outdated network drivers.
- Now a list of drivers will be shown that need to be updated. Click on the Update all button and it will update all your Windows drivers one by one.
After updating the drivers, Reboot your system and it will automatically install new wifi drivers and fix the Wifi keeps disconnecting issue.
Conclusion: How To Fix Wifi Keeps Disconnecting Issue On Windows 10/11 PC
We hope you were able to fix the issue with your Wifi connection with the help of the solutions shared above. If you have tried all the methods and still the issue isn’t resolved, it means there is a hardware issue with your Wifi router. Additionally, share your thoughts regarding this post in the comments box below.
Snehil Masih is a professional technical writer. He is passionate about new & emerging technology and he keeps abreast with the latest technology trends. When not writing, Snehil is likely to be found listening to music, painting, traveling, or simply excavating into his favourite cuisines.