Check out this problem-fixing guide and get rid of the Brother printer offline issue with the help of the different methods shared below.
Brother Printers are famous in the printing world for making affordable printers that provide you with high-quality printouts. Brother’s printers are also known to be one of the biggest competitors of Canon and HP printers, which are considered to be the best in the market.
However, many Brother printer users face problems with their printer showing “offline.” In this situation, your printer, all of a sudden, stops working or stops communicating with your computer. This problem is also experienced when the printer is connected to the wireless network. In this guide, we will deal with this issue and you will find information about how to fix Brother printer offline Windows 10 problem.
Different Tips And Tricks To Fix Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 Issue
Below are some methods that will help you with the Brother printer offline fix. We would recommend you follow the steps very carefully because these steps require some technical skills. However, if you want an easy way out, then you can consider jumping directly to the automatic process mentioned at the end.
Method1: Use The Windows Troubleshooter To Fix Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 Issue
Windows troubleshooter is an in-built tool that is very useful to find and fix most of the problems or errors including the Brother printer keeps going offline, on its own. This tool fixes problems with your printer, keyboard, Windows store apps, Bluetooth, etc.
Windows has had troubleshooters for a long time, and you can easily access it from your Windows Settings. Here are some steps that will show you how to use this tool to fix the “Brother printer offline Windows 10” issue.
- Click on the Start button (Windows logo in the bottom-left corner). Then type Settings in the search bar and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- A new Settings window will appear on your screen, select the Update & Security settings by clicking on it
- Now, on the left-side panel, choose the Troubleshoot tab. And then, under the Recommended troubleshooters, click on the Additional troubleshooters’ button. This will redirect you to a different page.
- Under the “Get up and running” heading, click on the Printers option to expand it. Then, single-click on the Run the troubleshooter button and it will start the troubleshooting process.
- Wait for some time and let your device find the cause of the Brother printer says offline error. Then, follow the instructions displayed on your screen to perform it successfully.
After finishing the troubleshooting process, Restart your Windows device and check whether this method was helpful for you or not. If still, your Brother printer says offline, move on to the next fix mentioned below.
Also know: How to Download and Install Brother HL L2300D Printer Driver for Windows
Method2: Restart The Printer Services On Windows
Restarting the printer services on your Windows device will help you fix the Brother printer offline Windows 10 problem. This will reload all the printer configurations that have been saved. Follow the instructions below in order to restart the services and get rid of the problem.
- Click on the Start button (Windows logo in the bottom-left corner). Then type Control Panel in the search bar and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Single-click on the System and Security button on the control panel window
- Now, click on the Administrative tools and it will open a new window showing all the Windows integrated tools
- Double-click on the Services tool
- On the Services window, scroll down and look for the “Printer Spooler” option. Right-click on it and select the Restart option from the context list.
- Again, right-click on the Printer Spooler and this time select the Properties option from the list
- A new Properties pop-up window will appear, select the General tab from the top of the window. Then, click on the Startup type dropdown menu and select the Automatic option. Click once on the OK button to apply and save the changes you just made.
Once the process is done, restart your computer and see if still your Brother printer keeps going offline. If you are still facing the same issue, then you need to update your printer drivers and for that checkout the next fix.
Also know: Download & Update Brother HL-L2320D Driver for Windows 10, 11
Method3: Use The Brother’s Network Connection Repair Utility
Brother has a Network Connection Repair utility that users can run to fix Brother printer offline errors and restore the ability to print and scan. This program will automatically find your printer’s network address and keep it up to date. Follow the steps below to use this tool and solve the problem.
- Click on the link below to download the Brother Network Connection Repair Tool Click Here
- Go to the Downloads folder and run the setup file. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the tool on your Windows device.
- Launch the tool, then check the box next to the “Checked and confirmed” option. Click on the OK button to proceed further.
- A dialog box will appear asking for permission to start the network repairing process. Click on the OK button to grant permission.
Note: If there is more than one Brother printer connected to your device, then you need to select the printer. After selecting the printer, single-click on the OK button.
- Wait for the tool to run the diagnosis process. When the process is completed you will see the message displaying the IP address of your printer. Check if the IP address is correct or not. If it’s correct, then click on the OK button.
- Wait for the tool to repair the connection. If the repair fails, then click on the Retry button. If the repair is successful, then click on the Complete button. You can also click on the “Print Test Page” button to check the functioning of the printer.
If running the Network Connection Repair tool does not fix your Brother printer offline Windows 10 error, then you should try updating your Brother printer driver.
Method4: Update Or Download The Printer Driver To Resolve Brother Printer Offline Windows 10 Issue
Not updating your drivers regularly can lead to various kinds of issues, errors, and BSOD including the Brother printer keeps going offline. Therefore, it is recommended that you should keep your drivers updated at all times. Updated drivers will also improve your computer’s overall performance.
There are two ways you can use to update the drivers on your computer. The first is to do it manually, which requires you to use the Device Manager tool. For the second or automatic method, you need to download a driver updater software for Windows and it will take care of the rest.
The manual method requires some technical knowledge; if done wrong, it can mess up your computer. Hence, we would recommend you go for the automatic process and update your printer driver using an application. There are thousands of programs online that you can use to get rid of the Brother printer offline Windows 10 issue. However, the app should be safe and reliable to use like the Bit Driver Updater app.
Steps To Use Bit Driver Updater To Update Brother Printer Driver
In this automatic method, you need to download the Bit Driver Updater. After installing the app you can update all of your outdated drivers with just one click. Bit Driver Updater software also has a number of features and functions that will help your system in a lot of different ways. You can also fix many errors and issues by updating the drivers, using this software. Here are a few more good reasons to use this app:
- Provides 24*7 satisfactory customer service
- Single click drivers update feature
- Downloads only WHQL-certified drivers
- Scans for outdated, faulty, corrupted, and missing drivers
- Keep a backup of old drivers
Below are some steps that will help you download and use the Bit Driver Updater app on your Windows device:
- Click on the link below and download the Bit Driver Updater App:
- Run the setup file from the downloads folder and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the app
- Once the app is installed, launch it.
- Now, either click on the Scan Drivers button or single-click on the Scan tab present on the left-hand side panel. This will allow the application to scan your Windows drivers.
- After the scanning process, a list of drivers will be shown to you that need an update. Click on the Update all button to update all the drivers at once.
When the downloading or updating of the printer driver is done, Restart your system and it will automatically imply the new ones.
Summing Up: Brother’s Printer Showing Offline Problem On Windows 10
We hope the above-mentioned fixes have helped you resolve the ‘Brother printer offline’ error. If you are still facing the same issue, then either contact the manufacturer or Windows Support for professional assistance. You can also take it to a nearby repair shop to check if there is any hardware issue.
Other than that, in case you have any doubts or suggestions regarding this guide, then share them in the comments box below.
Snehil Masih is a professional technical writer. He is passionate about new & emerging technology and he keeps abreast with the latest technology trends. When not writing, Snehil is likely to be found listening to music, painting, traveling, or simply excavating into his favourite cuisines.