If you are facing a Valorant screen tearing issue on your Windows 10/11 device. Then, read this article providing different methods to fix it within minutes.
Valorant is a free-to-play first-person shooting game developed by a company named Riot Games that can you can play with other players. The game came out on June 2, 2020, and since then, it has gained a lot of attention among gamers. This game was made so that it only works on Windows devices. However, like every other game, you might have trouble with this one, too. For example, screen tearing on Valorant.
When it happens, the Valorant screen tearing can make the game much harder to play. In a game that moves so quickly, it’s important to have a clear picture of what’s going on. It can be the deciding factor in whether you win or lose. If you are also one of the users who are facing this problem, you will likely want to know how to fix it. So here we are, providing you with some effective tips and tricks with which you can resolve the screen tearing Valorant 2022 issue.
Tips And Tricks To Fix Valorant Screen Tearing Problem On Windows 10/11
Below are some solutions to fix the screen tearing issue on Valorant, but first you need to check out that your computer is meeting all the game requirements.
Processor: AMD Athlon 200GE or Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Operating System: Windows 7, 8, or 10 (64-Bit)
Graphics Card: Radeon R5200 or Intel HD 4000 (1GB)
Pixel Shader: 3
Vertex Shader: 3
Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Ryzen 3 1000 series or Intel Core i3 4th Gen
Operating System: Windows 7, 8, or 10 (64-Bit)
Graphics Card: Radeon R7 240 or GeForce GT 730
Pixel Shader: 5
Vertex Shader: 5
If your PC meets the minimum requirements, you may be able to run the game. However, try to satisfy the recommended requirements as they will reduce the chances of errors. However, if the recommended requirements are met with your device but you are still facing the screen tearing on Valorant. Then, use the methods shared below.
Method1: Change Display Resolution And Refresh Rate
The monitor’s refresh rate or the wrong resolution is the first and most common reason why the screen is tearing. Most of the time, this doesn’t solve the problem completely, but it makes it bearable enough so you can work. Follow the steps below and they will help you with the Valorant screen tearing fix.
- Type Settings in the taskbar’s search bar and then press the Enter key on your keyboard
- From the Settings window, select the System option
- Then, on the right-hand side panel, select the Display tab and change the display resolution from the “Display resolution” dropdown menu. Select the recommended resolution.
- Now, to check the refresh rate, click on the Advanced display settings button. Over there, click on the Refresh rate dropdown menu and again select the recommended refresh rate. Save the settings and then close the window.
Check if this method has helped you resolve your Valorant screen tearing issue on your Windows device. If not, then move on to the next solution.
Method2: Re-Enable NVIDIA VSync
VSync is NVIDIA’s solution for your Valorant screen tearing fix. As we’ve already talked about, screen tearing happens when the frame rate is faster than the system can handle. Vsync solves this problem by controlling the frame rates automatically so you don’t have to do anything. Now, you can either try to turn off the feature or turn it on. The steps mentioned below will assist you through the process:
- Right-click on any empty space on your desktop and then select the NVIDIA Control Panel from the drop-down menu.
- On the NVIDIA control panel page, go to the 3D Settings, then select the Manager 3D settings.
- Now, on the right-hand side panel, click on the Global Settings tab. And then click on the Vertical Sync.
- Look for the toggle switch, if it is OFF then turn it ON. If it is ON, then re-enable it by turning it OFF and then turning it back ON.
- Save the changes that you have made and close the window and check if the Valorant screen tearing issue is resolved.
Also know: Valorant Voice Chat Not Working? Here’s How To Fix It
Method3: Disable Full-screen And Game-mode
In its latest update, Windows introduced a number of new features. The “Game mode” was one of the features that stood out. This mode lets users tweak their system settings so that any game can run better. The operating system figures out that the program is a game and tries to run it as quickly as possible. Disabling the game mode will help you with the Valorant screen tearing fix.
You can also record your gameplay or stream it to other devices in this mode. You can also take screenshots with the press of a single button. A lot of players said that this option caused their Valorant game to crash, which is why they are facing screen tearing on Valorant. We can turn this off and see if that helps.
Turn Off The Game Mode
By following these steps you can easily perform the process. Step1:
- Right-click on the Start menu and select the Settings option from the list
- On the Settings window, select the Gaming option shown on the screen
- Now, on the left-hand side panel, click on the Game Mode tab. And then, on the right-hand side turn OFF the toggle switch present there.
After turning OFF the Game Mode, Restart your computer and check if the Valorant screen tearing issue is resolved.
Disable Full-screen Optimization
If the issue persists, you need to disable the full-screen optimization. Below are some steps to do so: Step1:
- Right-click on the Valorant game icon present on your desktop screen and select the Properties option from the list.
- On the Properties window, click on the Compatibility tab and then check the box next to “Disable fullscreen optimizations”. This will turn OFF the fullscreen optimizations as well as it might fix your Valorant screen tearing issue.
- Now, click on the Apply button to implement the changes, and then click on the Save button. Once the process is completed, Restart your computer.
Method4: Update Graphics Drivers
If your graphics drivers are outdated, missing, or corrupted in that case you might face issues with your game including screen tearing on Valorant 2022. Keeping your graphics driver updated at all times will give you a smoother experience while playing games.
To update your graphics drivers you can either go for the manual method or for the automatic process. Below we have briefly explained both the methods with some steps to help you out.
Resolve Screen Tearing On Valorant By Updating Graphics Drivers Manually
For the manual process, you need to take help using the Windows in-built tool called the Device Manager. This tool allows you to update, roll back and reinstall all sorts of drivers present on your Windows device. Follow the steps below to update your graphics driver and they will help you with the Valorant screen tearing fix. Step1:
- Type Device Manager in the taskbar’s search bar and then press the Enter key on your keyboard
- On the Device Manager window, click on the arrow in front of the Display adapter option to expand it.
- Now, right-click on the Graphics card you are using and then select the Update driver option from the list
- A new pop-up window will appear, click on the “Search automatically for drivers” option over there
- Then, wait for some time and let your computer search for new graphics drivers. Once your computer found the drivers, it will show you some steps to complete the installation process. Follow those on-screen instructions.
- When the process is done, Restart your computer and it will automatically replace your old display drivers with the new ones.
Resolve Valorant Screen Tearing Issue By Updating Drivers Automatically
If you feel the tips and tricks mentioned above are a bit too complex or lengthy for you. Then, you can consider downloading a secure, reliable, and effective application like the Bit Driver Updater to update your graphics driver with just one click. This app comes with various features and tools that will make your job easier.
You can schedule the update process, it lets you back up your old drivers in case you want to roll back them, and it will also help in enhancing your computer’s processing speed. By updating your Windows drivers with this app you can resolve your Valorant screen tearing issue as well. Here are some steps that will help you download and use this program.
- Download the Bit Driver Updater software by clicking on the download link below:
- Install the application by running the setup file from the download folder on your computer. After installing the app, launch it.
- On the home page of the Bit Driver Updater, click on the Scan Driver button. This will allow the app to scan for all the outdated, corrupted, and missing drivers on your system.
- Now, you can either click on the Update Now button in front of the graphics driver to update that particular driver. Or else, click on the Update All button and this will update all your drivers at once.
- This process will take a few minutes to complete. After that, Restart your computer and your new drivers will be replaced by the old ones automatically.
Now, when you launch the game, you will find that the Valorant screen tearing problem has been resolved.
Valorant Screen Tearing Issue Fixed On Windows 10/11 Computer
Above, were the most effective methods that, we hope, will help you out with the screen tearing issue on Valorant. If you are still facing the same issue then you need to either contact Valorant Support or Windows Support for some professional opinion. If you have any suggestions or doubts regarding this post then mention them in the comments section, we would love to hear from you. You can also subscribe to our blog for more informative articles like this.
Author: Snehil Masih
Snehil Masih is a professional technical writer. He is passionate about new & emerging technology and he keeps abreast with the latest technology trends. When not writing, Snehil is likely to be found listening to music, painting, traveling, or simply excavating into his favourite cuisines.