Read this article to get knowledge about the most effective methods to download, install, and update HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 driver for your Windows 10/11 devices.
The HP Officejet Pro 7740 is an all-in-one inkjet printer that can print on a wide range of paper sizes. This printer has a lot of extra tools and features that make it useful for many users. Many of our subscribers have recently told us that their HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer is not working properly.
If you’re one of them, keep reading because your problem will be solved by the end of this article. Your printer might be giving you trouble because its driver is outdated or corrupted. So, to make sure you can use your printer again, make sure your HP OfficeJet pro 7740 drivers are up-to-date. This article shows you a few different ways to update the driver.
Different Methods For The HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Driver Download, Update And Install For Windows 10/11
A driver is what connects the software to the hardware. A driver is also responsible for making sure that both parts work together. When a driver is broken, out of date, or corrupted, the sync gets messed up, which can cause errors, lags, and glitches. Follow the steps below to update the driver for your OfficeJet Pro 7740 for better compatibility and performance.
Method1: Download HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Driver From The Manufacturer’s Website
The first way to install the driver for an HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 is to download it from HP’s site. HP keeps putting out new drivers to improve printer features and performance.
This method shows you how to download the printer drivers from HP’s official website and install them on your computer so that your printer and Windows PC work better together. To get the new driver for your HP printer, follow the steps below.
- Visit the website by clicking on this link: HP’s Official Website
- Click on the Support tab to expand it. Then under the “Problem Solving” section, select the Software & drivers option.
- Now, click on the Printer button, then enter your product’s name (i.e. OfficeJet Pro 7740) in the search bar and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Expand the “Installation Software and Full/Basic Driver-Supports print and scan functionality only”. Then, under the “Basic Drivers”, click on the Download button in front of your printer’s name. And it will start the downloading process.
- Wait for a few seconds till the OfficeJet Pro 7740 driver file gets downloaded. Then, open the file from the Download folder and follow the on-screen instructions to install the new drivers.
- After installing the new drivers, Restart your computer and you are good to go.
Method2: Use Device Manager For The HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Download Or Update Process
Device Manager is another way to make sure your HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 printer has the most up-to-date drivers. It is a built-in program in Windows that lets you see and manage the hardware and drivers that are connected to your computer. To use this default program, you simply need to follow the steps outlined below:
- Right-click on the start menu and select the Device Manager option from the list
- On the Device Manager window, click on the arrow next to the Printer queues option, this will expand it to show different drivers.
- Now, right-click on the HP Officejet Pro 7740 driver and select the Update driver option from the list
- A new pop-up window will appear, select the “Search automatically for drivers” option to allow your computer to download the new printer drivers.
- Wait for some time till your computer searches for the drivers. Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- When the process is done, Restart your computer and it will automatically implement the new drivers for you
Also know: HP Laserjet Pro 400 Driver Download, Install, And Update in Windows
Method3: Use The Driver Updater Software To Download HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Driver For Windows
This procedure is recommended by our experts as it is the most easiest and efficient way to download and update your HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 driver. To perform this method you need to download fast and safe software with a user-friendly interface like the Bit Driver Updater. This app not only allows you to update your Windows drivers but it also helps your computer to boost its overall performance. Additionally, you can take a backup of your old drivers in case you want to use them in the future. Below are some steps that will help you download, install and use this amazing program.
- Click on the link below to download the Bit Driver Updater app:
- Now, go to the Downloads folder and double-click on its setup file to start the installation. Follow the instructions shown on the screen to install the app on your PC.
- After installing the app, launch the Bit Driver Updater
- Click on the Scan Driver button and wait for a few moments till the app searches for all the missing, corrupted, or outdated drivers.
- Once, the scanning process is finished, click on the Update Now button in front of the HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 driver. If you want to update all the drivers at once, you can click on the Update all button.
- When the process is completed, the app asks you to Restart your computer to apply the new drivers, so do that.
Wrapping Up: HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Driver For Windows 10/11 32 and 64-Bit
We hope the methods mentioned above have helped you with the HP OfficeJet Pro 7440 printer driver download and installation for Windows devices. We would recommend you to follow the steps mentioned above in the same manner they are shown. If you skip a step, you might not be able to install the driver successfully. You can also share your questions and thoughts regarding this post in the comments section below. Subscribe to Bit Driver Updater by clicking the subscribe button below for more informative articles like this.
Snehil Masih is a professional technical writer. He is passionate about new & emerging technology and he keeps abreast with the latest technology trends. When not writing, Snehil is likely to be found listening to music, painting, traveling, or simply excavating into his favourite cuisines.