Here is a list of different fixes that can be used for the purpose of resolving the problem of Destiny 2 PC voice chat not working.
Destiny 2 has come up with a new feature of voice chat that allows the users to connect with other players. With this feature, players can easily talk to each other and share their ideas quickly. But some of the users have reported an issue that the voice chat was not working properly on their Windows PC.
Go through the solutions that are provided below for the purpose of solving the Destiny 2 sound not working issue.
Use Bit Driver Updater to Quickly Fix Destiny 2 Voice Chat Not Working on Windows PC
Generally, an outdated audio driver is responsible for the Destiny 2 voice chat not working issue. So, ensure to update audio drivers from time to time. Use Bit Driver Updater to easily get the latest version of audio drivers and other PC drivers installed on your computer system. The driver updater utility has a default system optimizer to speed up the overall PC performance. Luckily, you can try driver updater for Free from the download button below.
Fixes For Destiny 2 Voice Chat Not Working Problem
If the destiny 2 voice chat is not working on your Windows PC, then we suggest you perform the following fixes on your device.
1. Try Performing General Troubleshooting on your Device
The first fix to resolve the issue of destiny 2 sound not working is to perform some basic or general troubleshooting activities on the device. These activities include:-
- Connecting all the wires and cables of the speakers or headphones that are connected to the device. A loose cable connection is the main cause why users face destiny 2 voice chat not working on PC issues.
- Unplug the headphones and the speakers from the device and plugin back. This is an effective way of getting rid from the problem of destiny 2 sound not working.
- Lastly, in the basic troubleshooting make sure that you use only those headphones or speakers which are certified by Xbox.
These are general things that must be ensured before going to other fixes. If your problem does not get resolved after performing these activities, don’t worry and check the other fixes.
2. Examine the Settings of the Voice Chat
The most common reason why many users face the problem of Destiny 2 voice chat not working on Windows PC, is that the voice chat settings are not turned on.
Examine the voice chat settings by visiting the settings of Destiny 2. In the sound section go to the voice chat option. Check if the settings are turned off, if you see it then turn it on. This is an easy way of solving this problem.
3. Install the Latest Version of Audio Driver on Your PC
A faulty or outdated audio driver can be the main reason why the user is facing a problem with the Destiny 2 sound. By installing the latest version of the audio driver on the PC, one can easily get rid of the problem.
The process of updating the audio driver can be carried out in two ways. First is the manual way in this a user needs to visit the official website of the original equipment manufacturer. In the downloads section, one needs to search for the driver and install it on the device.
The second way of updating the audio driver is to use driver updater software. It is advisable to use Bit Driver Updater which is the most reliable software for this purpose. The software automatically searches for all the new updates for the device drivers and installs them with one click of the user.
Updating the audio driver not only solves the problem of Destiny 2 voice chat but all the other problems related to audio on a computer device.
4. Check the Sound Settings of Your PC
It is always suggested to check the sound settings of a PC whenever there is a problem related to the audio. To check the sound settings right-click on the speaker icon presented on the taskbar.
Then click on the open volume mixer option from the box that appears on the screen. From here you will get full control of all the sound settings of your PC. Set the volume at maximum setting and your problem will be solved.
5. Reset and Restart the Audio Services of Windows
By resetting the audio services of the Windows PC, one can easily get rid of the Destiny 2 voice chat not working on PC issues. Follow the steps that are mentioned below for resetting the audio service of Windows.
1) Press the Window logo key and R key together on your keyboard, and in the run box type ‘services.msc’ and press the Ok button.
2) Search for Window Audio from the screen that appears in front of you.
3) Right-click on it and select the option of Restart from the box.
4) Close the window and check whether the problem is resolved or not.
This is a good way of solving the problem of Destiny 2 sound not working on Windows PC.
6. Unpair any VPN which is Connected with the Device
Another reason why users face the problem of destiny 2 voice chat not working on Windows PC is that they are using a VPN connection. Unpairing or disabling the VPN connection can help you in resolving this problem very easily.
If this fix works on your device then avoid using that particular VPN while playing Destiny 2 on your PC.
7. Reset your Audio Settings (Console)
Many players have reported that they resolved the voice chat not working problem by resetting their console’s audio settings. So, you can also give it a try. Here is how:
Xbox: Xbox users can head to the in-game console sound settings, then choose the reset to default button shown in the lower right corner.
PS4 or PS5: Navigate to the in-game audio settings, then press and hold the square button for 30 seconds in order to re-set it to default settings.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. Why is my Destiny 2 voice chat not working at all?
Ans. If your Destiny 2 chat is not working, the issue can be with your device, voice chat settings, sound settings on your PC, or outdated audio drivers. Apply the fixes in the mentioned format to resolve the issue. For most users, the issue was fixed with audio driver updates. Use the Bit Driver Updater software to download all your pending driver updates with just one click. Once the drivers are updated, check if the Destiny 2 game chat not working issue is fixed.
Q2. How can I fix voice chat issues in Destiny 2 on my console?
Ans. You can easily fix the voice chat issue in Destiny 2 on your console using the steps provided below.
- Navigate to the in-game sound settings, then press and hold the square button to restore the default settings.
- Console: Open the sound settings for the game, then click the “reset to default” button in the bottom right corner.
Now you can test whether Destiny 2’s voice chat feature functions properly.
Q3. Does Crossplay voice chat work in Destiny 2?
Ans. Yes, the Crossplay voice chat is supported in Destiny 2. You can use the voice chat feature to communicate with your friends across all the platforms on which the game is available. If the issue is with the Destiny 2 voice chat not working Xbox controller issue occurs apply the fixes listed in the above article.
Q4. What should I do if my voice chat works in other games but not in Destiny 2?
If your voice chat works in other games but not in Destiny 2, then you need to turn on the microphone in the privacy settings in order to fix the problem. To access these system settings, click the Windows icon, type Microphone Privacy Settings, and click the search result link. Turn on the “Allow apps to access your microphone” setting.
Q5. How can I ensure my microphone settings are configured correctly in Destiny 2?
Ans. To access the microphone settings, follow the steps provided below:
- Close Destiny 2 completely if it is open.
- Simply press the Start button.
- Enter “Privacy” without the quotes.
- Choose “Microphone Privacy Settings” from the list of options.
- Choose “Microphone” from the menu on the left of the new screen.
- Make sure the toggle is turned ON next to “Let apps use my microphone.”
- Scroll down the list of apps below that toggle until you find “Destiny 2.” Ensure that they are also turned ON.
- Restart the game.
Also know: How To Fix Mic Not Working On Discord 2022
Destiny 2 is the most liked video game in the present time and any issue with this particular game is not accepted by the users. Also, the voice chat feature is mainly used by the user and the problem with the voice chat needs to be rectified as soon as possible.
Hope this article will help you in fixing the problem of Destiny 2 voice chat not working on Windows PC. If you have any queries regarding any of the above-mentioned fixes please feel free to contact us in the comments section provided below.
Snehil Masih is a professional technical writer. He is passionate about new & emerging technology and he keeps abreast with the latest technology trends. When not writing, Snehil is likely to be found listening to music, painting, traveling, or simply excavating into his favourite cuisines.