This article will provide you with some of the most effective and efficient ways to update and download the latest Xbox controller driver for your Windows 10/11 device.
Xbox controllers are considered one of the best gaming controllers that you could lay your hands upon. But sometimes, you might see that your Xbox controller is not working when connected to your Windows PC. One of the most common reasons behind such issues is a missing, outdated, or broken Xbox controller PC driver.
Therefore, in order to avoid problems like this in the future, you need to have the latest drivers installed on your computer. Today, with the help of this informative guide, we are going to show you different ways to download the Xbox One controller driver on Windows 10 PC.
Different Methods To Download Xbox Controller Driver On Windows 10/11 Computer
Below we have shared four different methods which you can follow in order to get the latest Xbox controller PC driver.
Method1: Update Xbox One Controller Driver From Windows Update
Not having an updated Windows operating system might mess up the connected devices. To avoid any sort of problems Windows keeps introducing new versions of its OS. Updating Windows will update various drivers including the Xbox controller driver. For a better understanding, check out the steps mentioned below.
- Type Settings in the taskbar’s search bar and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- On the Settings window, go to the Update & Security settings by clicking on its icon.
- Now, select the Windows Update tab from the left-hand side panel. Then, on the right-side panel, click on the Check for updates button.
- Wait for some time till your computer searches for the latest OS version available online. Then, click on the Download and install button and it will start the process.
After downloading the new Windows, restart your computer. This will install the new OS along with the latest Xbox one controller PC.
Method2: Download Xbox One Controller Driver On Windows 10 From The Microsoft Update Catalog
If the first method does not update your Xbox controller driver, then you can try out this method. In this procedure, you need to visit the Microsoft Update Catalog. Then, search for your product in the search bar and it will provide you with its drivers.
The steps mentioned below will provide you with a link through which you can visit the Update Catalog page. Also, these instructions will guide you on how to download and then install the Xbox controller driver on Windows 10/11 PC.
- Click on the following link to visit the Microsoft Update Catalog page:
Microsoft Update Catalog
- On the Catalog page, type Xbox One controller driver in the search bar and then, click on the search button.
- A list of drivers will be displayed on your screen. Look for the compatible driver and then click on the Download button present in front of it.
- A new pop-up window will appear, click on the link present on that page and your driver will start downloading.
- Once, the driver is downloaded into your system. Type File Explorer in the taskbar’s search bar and then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Click on the Download tab present on the left-side panel and it will open the Downloads folder. Then, run the downloaded Xbox one controller driver file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver on your Windows 10/11 device.
After completing the installation process, Restart your device and it will implement the new Xbox controller drivers for you. If you are unable to find the controller driver on the Microsoft Update Catalog page, check out the next method.
Method3: Xbox Controller PC Driver Download Using Device Manager
It is recommended by many IT professionals that you should always keep all of your Windows drivers up to date. If your Xbox controller driver is updated, it will perform better and provide you with a smoother experience.
Device Manager is a tool that comes with Windows that makes it easy to update and reinstall drivers. Even though it’s one of the safest ways, it’s long and hard for most people. But don’t worry, the steps below will show you how to use this tool in order to get the latest Xbox one controller driver on Windows 10.
- Click on the Start button and then search the Control Panel in the search bar.
- On the Control Panel window, click on the View by and select the Large icons option from the context list. Then, single-click on the Device Manager tool and it will open a new Device Manager window.
- Over there, expand the Xbox Peripherals option by clicking on the arrow icon next to it.
- Right-click on the Xbox controller driver and then, select the Update driver option from the list.
- Single-click on the “Search automatically for drivers” option on the new pop-up window on your screen.
- Wait for a few moments, then follow the on-screen instructions to install the new drivers.
After updating the Xbox controller driver on Windows 10, Restart your computer and it will replace the old drivers with new ones. If you feel all the above-mentioned processes are a bit hard to follow, then you should check out the next method.
Also know: Best Music Players For Windows 10 in 2023
Method4: Xbox One Controller PC Driver Download Automatically
This one is an automatic process in which you have to download the Best Driver Updater Software, like Bit Driver Updater. This software was specially designed for Windows devices. With the help of this tool, you can update all of your drivers, including the Xbox one controller driver on Windows 10.
It also helps your computer perform better and faster by making it more efficient. The functions and features of this app make it easy to keep Windows drivers up to date. Here are a few more reasons why you should use this app on your Windows PC:
- Downloads WHQL-certified drivers only
- Improves the device’s processing speed
- Makes a backup of existing drivers
- Provides 24*7 customer support
- Allows you to schedule the process
Steps To Use Bit Driver Updater To Download Xbox Controller Driver On Windows 10 PC:
Below are some steps that will help you download, install, and use this app in order to get the latest Xbox controller driver.
- Click on the link below and download the latest version of the Bit Driver Updater application
- Once the application has been downloaded, search File Explorer in the taskbar and press the Enter key.
- On the File Explorer window, open the Download folder and run the downloaded file. Now, follow the steps displayed on your screen to install it.
- Open the Bit Driver Updater app by double-clicking on its icon.
- Now, click on the Scan Drivers button present in the middle of the page. This will allow the application to search for outdated Xbox controller drivers.
- Then, you can either click on the Update All button and it will update all the drivers at the same time, or else click on the Update Now button next to the Xbox Peripheral drivers.
After getting the new Xbox one controller PC, Reboot your computer and it will automatically install the latest drivers for you.
Final Words: Download And Update Xbox One Controller Driver On Windows 10 PC
We hope the different methods mentioned in this article have helped you with the Xbox controller driver download process. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this write-up, share them in the comments box below.
Snehil Masih is a professional technical writer. He is passionate about new & emerging technology and he keeps abreast with the latest technology trends. When not writing, Snehil is likely to be found listening to music, painting, traveling, or simply excavating into his favourite cuisines.