If you’re worried about your Overwatch mic not working on your Windows 11, 10, or other devices, don’t worry. Whatever the cause is, you can solve this problem easily by yourself using the solutions listed in the tutorial below.
If you love playing team-based video games, then you must have heard of Overwatch. It is one of the popular multiplayer first-person shooters available currently. However, while using the microphone/headset, some of the gamers have reported that they encountered an ‘Overwatch voice chat not working’ issue on Windows 10 PC. This problem is incredibly frustrating for users because it’s preventing them from talking to their friends during online gaming sessions.
However, if you don’t know how to solve the problem, there’s no need to panic. Here we are going to provide you with several effective solutions to fix the ‘mic not working in Overwatch PC’ problem.
Universal Method to Fix Overwatch Mic Not Working on Windows 10 (Highly-Recommended)
Mainly, the outdated audio driver is responsible for Overwatch Mic not responding issue. Hence, it is crucial to update respective audio drivers. To update the drivers automatically, you can use Bit Driver Updater, an all-in-one solution to all your problems related to drivers. With this driver updater, you can also fix the numerous display-related issues in Windows PC. Top of all, you can try Bit Driver Updater for Free from the download button shared below.
Easy Solutions to Fix Overwatch Mic Not Working on Windows 11,10
Mic won’t work on Overwatch? If you’re experiencing the same problem, try the below-listed solutions one by one until you find the one that resolves the problem for you.
Solution 1: Check In-game Audio Settings in Overwatch
The very first thing you should do to fix the Overwatch microphone not working problem is to make sure the in-game audio settings are properly configured. To do so, follow the steps shared below.
- Launch Overwatch on your computer and then select the Options > Sound.
- Adjust the sound volume of your speaker or microphone to an audible level.
- Make sure the “Group Voice Chat” and “Team Voice Chat” settings are set to AUTO JOIN. Also, ensure that the “Voice Chat Devices” option is set to “Comms Devices”.
Now, test your microphone to check whether the Overwatch voice chat not working problem is resolved or not. If it is, congrats. But if it isn’t, go to the next solution below.
Solution 2: Disable PC Audio Device Exclusive
Even after audio setting adjustments you face the issue of the microphone not working in Overwatch PC, then you can try disabling the “exclusive mode”. Here is how you can do it:
- Press ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together to launch the Run utility
- Now in the search box of Run, type mmsys.cpl and click ok
- A new window will appear, navigate to the playback tab, and then right-click on the device
- A new list will appear, click on the properties option
- In the properties window, click on the ‘Advanced’ tab
- In the window, navigate to “Allow application to take exclusive control of this device” and uncheck it
- After making the changes, click on ‘OK’
Once you have made the changes the issue will be resolved.
Also know: How to Fix Windows 11 Widgets Not Working on PC?
Solution 3: Allow Apps to Access Your Microphone
If you have restricted certain applications from accessing your headset microphone, then you may run into issues like ‘mic not working on Overwatch’ every now and then. Therefore, follow the steps shared below to allow apps to access your Microphone on Windows 10.
- Click the Start button or Windows logo in the bottom left corner of your screen and then select the Settings option.
- Once the Windows Settings screen comes up, go to the “Privacy” settings.
- Select the “Microphone” option from the left navigation pane.
- Then, make sure the toggle switch located underneath the “Allow apps to access your microphone” option is turned on.
Hopefully, this helps resolve the ‘Overwatch not recognizing mic’ issue. But if not, try the next fix.
Solution 4: Set Microphone as Default Device
Another primary fix for the ‘Overwatch mic not working’ problem on Windows 11, 10 device is to set your microphone as the default device. Usually, the Windows operating system automatically detects and sets a new audio device as the default device every time it’s plugged into. However, there might be times when you have to manually set the microphone as the default playback device on your computer. Here are the steps that you require to follow to do so.
- Right-click on the sound icon in the lower-right corner of the screen, and then select the “Recording devices” option from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Choose the Microphone device and then click on the “Set Default” option.
- Then, click the Apply and OK button to save the changes.
Now that you have set the microphone of your headset as the default audio device, join a voice chat and check if the Overwatch mic not working PC issue has been sorted.
Solution 5: Update Your Audio Driver (Recommended)
The Overwatch mic not working on Windows 10 issue could be caused by an old or faulty audio driver on your computer. Therefore, to resolve the issue, you can try updating your audio driver to the latest version. To do so, you can either use a manual or a tool-based automatic approach. But since the manual driver update process is time-consuming and error-prone, we won’t cover it here. Instead, we recommend using a renowned driver updating program like Bit Driver Updater to update all problematic drivers on your system automatically. Here’s how to use it.
- First, install the Bit Driver Updater software on your Windows laptop or desktop computer. Here is the download button.
- Open the application and click on the “Scan Drivers” button.
- Once the list of driver issues appears on your screen, go to the audio driver and press the “Update Now” button available next to it.
Solution 6: Reinstall the Overwatch Game
If no one of the above-mentioned solutions worked for you then there might be a file missing from the game setup. In that case, the issue of the Overwatch mic not working in Windows 10 and the older versions can be resolved by reinstalling the game. Here is what you should do:
- Uninstall the game and remove all the files permanently from your computer
- Once you have removed all files including caches, then open the official website of the game and start the download
- After the download is complete, follow the instructions on the screen to install the game
- Now run the game
Reinstalling the game on your Windows 11 or 10 device may help you in resolving the issue forever.
Also know: How To Fix Warzone Mic/Voice Chat Not Working On Windows PC
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why is my Mic muted in Overwatch?
Ans. If your Overwatch Mic is muted or not working it can be due to several reasons. However, all these issues can be addressed with simple steps. Apply the solutions listed in the article fix the Overwatch mic not working on Windows 11 or 10 devices. However, make sure the Audio drivers are up to date. Use the Bit Driver Updater to automatically download the latest audio drivers or other system driver updates.
Q2. How do I fix Overwatch voice chat?
Ans. If the Overwatch voice chat issue disables the working of your Mic use the solutions listed in the article. Update the audio settings within Overwatch, set the device as default, update audio drivers, and if the problem remains reinstall Overwatch.
Overwatch Microphone Not Working: Fixed
Hopefully, one of the solutions above can help you fix the Overwatch mic not working on Windows 11, 10 problem. In case you have additional questions or require further assistance to solve the problem, please feel free to leave a comment below. Also, if you found the information shared here useful, then subscribe to our newsletter for more such informative guides.
Author: Snehil Masih
Snehil Masih is a professional technical writer. He is passionate about new & emerging technology and he keeps abreast with the latest technology trends. When not writing, Snehil is likely to be found listening to music, painting, traveling, or simply excavating into his favourite cuisines.