Is your Wacom pen not working on Windows 10/11 PC? If yes, then this article will provide you with some of the best methods to get rid of this issue ASAP!
You are sitting on your working desk designing for your next big project on your Wacom digital tablet, but nothing shows up on the screen. You follow the traditional method (i.e. restart the device) to make it work again. Still nothing, and now you are wondering why my Wacom pen not working.
There can be various reasons behind this issue but most of the time it may be because of an outdated Wacom Intuos driver, a minor glitch, outdated Windows, or something else. In order to resolve the Wacom tablet not working or connecting issue, we have shared some methods in this article. So without further ado, let’s take a look at these approaches.
Solutions To Get Rid Of The Wacom Tablet Not Working On Windows 10/11 PC
Check out the different solutions we have listed below to solve the Wacom pen not working problem on your Windows device.
Fix1: Check The Wacom Pen Settings
Sometimes, all you have to do to fix the Wacom pen not working error is change the application settings. For example, if you are running more than one designing app on your PC, you might need to check the settings to make sure you have the right configuration for the program you’re using at the moment.
You can also look at your general settings to see how sensitive they are to pressure. If you put too much (or not enough) pressure, your computer might not render the pen as per the applied settings. If changing the settings does not help in resolving the Wacom tablet not connecting issue, move on to the next solution.
Fix2: Fix Wacom Pen Not Working By Updating Its Drivers
To make your computer and connected devices work properly, you need to keep your drivers updated. Outdated or corrupted drivers are usually the reason behind various errors like the Wacom pen not working. There are majorly two methods to update your Wacom drivers.
The first is the manual method, where you need to use the Device Manager tool which is a Windows in-built utility. Whereas, the second method is an automatic one, where you need to take help from a driver updater tool.
Steps to resolve Wacom tablet not connecting by updating drivers manually:
The instructions below will help walk you through the process of using the Device Manager tool to update the Wacom driver.
- Search for the Control Panel tool in the taskbar
- Press on the button next to View by and go for the Large icons option present on the Control Panel window.
- Now, open a new Device Manager window by clicking on its icon.
- A list of device drivers will be displayed on the Device Manager window, go to the Human Interface Devices.
- Open the Wacom driver’s context menu list by right-clicking on it. Then, tap on the Update driver option with the help of your mouse.
- Select “Search automatically for drivers” on the new window that popped up on your screen.
- Now, wait for a few minutes and let your device search for a new Wacom driver online. If there are any available drivers, follow the steps on the wizard window to install the drivers successfully.
After the installation process is complete, restart your device and check if the Wacom pen not working is fixed or not. If you feel that following this method is difficult for you, then go for the automatic method shared below.
Steps to fix the Wacom tablet won’t work by updating drivers automatically:
As discussed above this one is an automatic process. For this process, you need to download a driver updater software whose whole and sole purpose is to keep your Windows drivers updated. The best tool to perform this task is the Bit Driver Updater. This application is one of the most reliable and dedicated programs that will always keep your Windows drivers up to date.
This app thoroughly checks your PC for missing, corrupted, or outdated drivers and automatically replaces them with new WHQL-certified drivers. Not only that, but its scan scheduler feature lets you update your drivers at your convenience, which saves you a lot of time in the long run. The steps below will provide you with a download link and guide you to use this app in order to fix the Wacom pen not working issue.
- Get the most recent version of the Bit Driver Updater app by visiting the link below:
- Once you download the setup file, navigate to the Downloads folder and open the Setup file. Follow the instructions on the screen to install the app.
- When you will open the app it will automatically start searching for outdated or broken drivers on your device. Then, it will show you a list of drivers that needs an update.
- Click on the Update All option to instantaneously download and install all your Windows drivers togetherly.
After the completion of the process, the app will ask you to restart the computer in order to implement the changes. Once you are done restarting your PC, check whether the Wacom tablet, not working problem is gone or not. If not, move on to the next method.
Fix3: Reinstall Drivers To Solve Wacom Pen Not Working Problem
If in case, your Wacom tablet driver not responding even after updating, you should reinstall them. Below are some steps that will help you reinstall the Wacom driver using the Device Manager tool.
- Tap on the X and Windows buttons at the same time and select the Device Manager tool from the list.
- Now, expand the Human Interface Devices section. Then, right-click on the Wacom driver and choose the Uninstall device option from the context list.
- A dialog box will appear on your screen asking you to confirm your actions. Go with the Uninstall option to proceed further.
- Once you are done uninstalling the driver, visit Wacom’s support page by clicking on the link below to reinstall the drivers on your computer. Click Here
- Search your product in the search box given on the page. And then select the Download option which is compatible with your Windows device.
- Open the downloaded package file from your browser and follow the on-screen instructions to install the drivers properly.
After completing the entire process, restart your computer and see if reinstalling the Wacom driver helped in fixing the Wacom tablet not working error. If the issue is still there, then you need to update your Windows OS. For that move on to the next method.
Fix4: Update Your Windows Operating System
To keep your computer working smoothly, Microsoft keeps releasing updates for your Windows OS. You can get the most recent Windows version by downloading it straight from the Windows Settings. Keeping your Windows updated will help you get rid of the issues like Wacom pen not working. The steps shared below will help you get the latest version of your Windows OS.
- Click on the taskbar’s search box, then type Settings in it and press the Enter button
- Go to the Update & Security section present in the Settings window.
- Now, choose the Windows Update tab from the left-hand side pane.
- Then, in order to find new versions, press on the Check For Updates option with your mouse.
- Let your computer find any new version online, go with the Download and install option to get the latest version on your system.
- Once you install the new Windows, reboot your device.
Resolved: How To Fix Wacom Pen Not Working On Windows 10/11 PC
That’s it! Hopefully the Wacom tablet not connecting or working issue is now resolved after implementing the different fixes above. If the error still persists, there’s a chance that your hardware is broken or damaged. If that’s the case, you need to take it to the repair shop for a professional opinion or purchase a new one. Moreover, if there is anything in this article that you have a doubt about or any suggestions for improvements, share them in the comment box.
Snehil Masih is a professional technical writer. He is passionate about new & emerging technology and he keeps abreast with the latest technology trends. When not writing, Snehil is likely to be found listening to music, painting, traveling, or simply excavating into his favourite cuisines.