The Microsoft Store, often known as Windows Store, is renowned for its outstanding app collections and well-liked user interface. Since there are several Windows apps that are only available on it, it becomes annoying when the official Windows store stops working.
Many users complain that when they attempt to load or open it, they run into Microsoft Store not working Windows 10 error codes. If you are facing the same, then don’t worry this article will help you through it.
We have listed and explained numerous troubleshooting techniques below that you can use in order to solve your “Microsoft Store, not opening” error.
Quick Fixes for Microsoft Store Not Working Error
If you cannot open Microsoft Store on your Windows system, then below are some basic workarounds you can try in order to fix the problem easily.
Fix 1: Reboot your system
There are a number of reasons why your system might show a Microsoft Store not working issue. It can be due to a faulty app, or it might be an issue with your network or system settings. One of the simplest ways to fix such problems is to reboot your Windows 10 system.
Your system will reboot and get a fresh start after clearing up any possibly conflicting program data. To do so, right-click on the Start button, and choose the Shutdown or sign out option. Then Restart it to reboot your computer.
Fix 2: Check the internet connection
For Microsoft Store to work correctly, your system must have an ongoing high-speed internet connection. On the Windows 10 computer, click Windows + I to launch the Settings program, then select Network & Internet.
There, ensure that the Internet is correctly connected to your device. Now, open a website to test the speed of the internet connection on your computer and see if it works. If your internet is not working or is slow, try to fix it or use a different connection.
This might help you in fixing your Microsoft Store not working properly on a basic level. If not, then try other solutions given below.
Fix 3: Set the correct time and date
One of the most frequent causes of the Microsoft Store not opening issue is the incorrect time, date, and region of your system. To download apps, Microsoft Store connects to the internet and automatically synchronizes the date and time of your system with your internet region. Hence, if both of them are different, the Store won’t open up and display errors.
To make sure the time on your computer is correct, follow the below steps:
- To open Settings, hit the Windows key + I. Then select Time & Language.
- Slide the Set the automatic time zone setting to Off.
- Verify that the time zone is accurate and adjust it if necessary.
- Now, toggle the Set the automatic time zone option back to ON. Then, click Sync now under the Synchronize your clock option.
After tweaking the settings, try to check for your Microsoft not working problem. If it still persists, move on to the next fix.
Fix 4: Update your system drivers
Sometimes outdated or corrupted drivers can be the culprit behind the “Windows Store, not opening” error. Therefore, it is advisable to keep your system drivers up-to-date to avoid the majority of issues on Windows.
You can either update your drivers manually or you may choose any automatic best free driver updater software to assist you in this process. Manually updating your system’s drivers can be a bit tedious process. So, for this solution, we are going to move ahead with the automatic way.
Firstly, you need to download and install the Bit Driver Updater software. It is one of the most recommended, reliable, and safe automatic driver updater software. It is loaded with amazing features that make it the best application in the market.
So, let us see the stepwise procedure to install and use the Bit Driver Updater in order to assist you with Microsoft Store not working error.
- Click the download link given below to get Bit Driver Updater.
- After downloading, move to the downloads folder of your computer. Locate and run the downloaded setup file.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions shown to successfully complete the installation process.
- Now, launch the software. Hit the Scan drivers options present on the display. This will enable your app to scan all the drivers of your system.
- Once the scanning process is finished, a list of drivers will appear on the screen which needs to be updated.
- Now, you may click on the Update All button to update all the drivers of your system simultaneously. Wait till the updation process is finished.
After that, restart your PC to implement the changes. Now, check if your Microsoft not working Windows 10 error is resolved or not.
Fix 5: Run the Windows troubleshooter
If you still can’t open Microsoft Store on your system, then you may try to run the built-in troubleshooters of Windows to fix this issue. The built-in troubleshooters of Windows 10 can identify and automatically repair common issues with your system.
For various hardware-related issues, there are numerous troubleshooters. You may use the troubleshooter designed specifically for this “Microsoft Store not working” issue and fix it right away.
Follow the below steps to do so.
- Hit the Windows key and I key to open up Settings. Then, select Update & Security.
- Now, click on the Troubleshoot option. Scroll through the list and find Microsoft Store Apps.
- Select the Microsoft Store apps option and then choose the Run the troubleshooter option.
- Follow the on-screen directions and then restart your computer.
Now, check to see if your Microsoft Store not the opening issue is fixed.
Fix 6: Reset the Microsoft Store app
Another fix to solve the “Microsoft Store won’t load” error is to reset your Microsoft app. This helps in erasing the app’s cache and returns it to its original state. Although your settings will be cleared, you will not lose any installed apps or purchases. Follow the instructions given below to reset the Microsoft Store:
- To open Settings, press the Windows key + I. Then, tap on Apps.
- Find and choose the Microsoft Store from the list.
- Go to the Advanced options and select the Reset option.
- Confirm all the warning prompts to complete the Reset process.
This should solve your Microsoft Store not opening issue handily. If not, refer to the next solution given below.
Fix 7: Disable the VPNs or Proxy Servers
Another cause behind Microsoft Store not working error can be an unwanted proxy server or an interfering VPN. If you have activated any VPN or proxy server on your PC, then the IP address information of your PC and your Windows account will differ.
As a result, your Microsoft Store will begin creating problems. So, it is better to turn off your VPN. Client programs for VPNs typically come with a simple on/off button. You may directly utilize this button to turn off your VPN.
On the other side, proxy connections are a little sneakier, and you might not even be aware that one is turned on. To check such connections, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings and select the Network & Internet option. Then, move to the Proxy section.
- Now, in the server menu, scroll down and select the “Manual proxy setup” option. Here, turn off the “Use a proxy server button.”
Fixed: How to Solve Microsoft Store Not Working Windows 10 Error
When something useful and simple, like the Microsoft Store, malfunctions and interrupts your work, it can be annoying. Hence, this article covered all the possible and effective solutions to fix such problems. You should be able to resolve the Microsoft Store not an opening problem on your Windows 10 computer and return it to normal working by using the aforementioned workarounds.
Get in touch with us in the comments section below if you face any difficulties while performing any solution for this error. Also, you may subscribe to our newsletter to get more tech-related updates.
Snehil Masih is a professional technical writer. He is passionate about new & emerging technology and he keeps abreast with the latest technology trends. When not writing, Snehil is likely to be found listening to music, painting, traveling, or simply excavating into his favourite cuisines.